cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

So, my laptop is a month and a half old. However, my computer won't allow me to boot it up. What's w

HP Recommended
Pavilion Laptop 15-cs3xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Boot device not found? I can give more info.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
15,250 15,228 1,190 1,177
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Pcfinder77_-, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Use HP PC Hardware Diagnostics even if the computer does not open to Windows. Start with the Quick Test (2 to 3 minutes). If the Quick Test does not find a problem, run the Extensive Test (2 hours or more). The Extensive Test includes a Loop Until Error option.

1. Plug the AC adapter into the computer.

2. Press the Power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.

3. Turn on the computer and start pressing Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
  4. When the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics menu displays, click Component Tests.

HP PC Hardware Diagnostic UEFI screen

5. In the Component Tests menu, click Hard Drive, and then click Quick Test.

6. Click Run once.

Running the Hard Drive Quick Test

7. The Hard Drive Quick Test begins. If the computer has more than one hard drive, select the drive you want to test. To test all the hard drives, select Test All Hard Drives.

When the test is complete, the screen displays the results. Test results are also available in the Test Logs on the main menu.

8. If the hard drive passes the Quick Test, but a there is still a problem with the hard drive, run the Extensive Test. This test includes the SMART Check, Short DST, Optimized DST, and Long DST. To run these tests individually, select them from the Hard Drive Tests menu.

If the hard drive fails a test, write down the failure ID (24-digit code) for when you contact HP Customer Support. The information is also available in Test Logs on the main menu.

If the test passes but the error message continues to display, proceed to the next step.

If the Hard Drive Test displays an error message and a warranty ID code, contact HP.

The customer service agent will ask you for the 24-digit code if they need to setup a repair or replace the hard drive.

For further steps, follow the document https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01443463.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation