Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 - 13-ap0000na
Microsoft Windows 11

Hi,

I've got my Spectre connected to an Lenovo USB-C dock which works fine for video, network, usb pass through but what I cant get to work is the laptop to boot whilst the screen is closed. I've been looking and found some comments about going to the advanced boot option but that option isnt available on the Spectre 13, has anyone had any success with doing this. I know its not a huge issue but I keep my laptop in a verticle dock behind screens to having to open laptop each morning to boot is a pain.

Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@JohnHutch71 

With a compatible dock you can boot your machine when close its lid by simply turn on the dock. I can't find a dock which is fully compatible with HP Spectre machines on today market.

I know some HP Envy machines and specially many HP Eltebook machines have fully compatible docks around which can do that. For example : I'm using HP USB-C Gen 5 dock with my HP Elitebook 840 G5 (also Envy 15-ee0047nr) and they work perfectly.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@JohnHutch71 

With a compatible dock you can boot your machine when close its lid by simply turn on the dock. I can't find a dock which is fully compatible with HP Spectre machines on today market.

I know some HP Envy machines and specially many HP Eltebook machines have fully compatible docks around which can do that. For example : I'm using HP USB-C Gen 5 dock with my HP Elitebook 840 G5 (also Envy 15-ee0047nr) and they work perfectly.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the information and you've confirmed the conclusion that I'd come to, I'm actually using a Lenovo dock as I got it from work and whilst it works there's this small annoyance, I will make do 🙂 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.