Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Spectre x360 - 13t-ae000
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The laptop has been working great since last year that I got it on January 2018. Up until a couple weeks ago, the only time the laptop goes into charging mode is if I hold the power button for like 5 seconds on startup, a power cycle/reset. I have tried charging it with the original adapter & apple adapter I have laying around. Why is it doing this now? Any insight is appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@luis_22,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I reviewed your post and I understand that the battery is not getting charged correctly.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you update the BIOS from the below link and check if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers

If you continue facing the issue, then reinstalled Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery under device manager.

Here is how you do it.

Step 1: Click the Windows “Start” button and right-click “Computer.”

Step 2: Click “Manage,” then “Device Manager.”

Step 3: Click the “Batteries” section. A list of devices will appear.

Step 4: Right-click the “Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery” device and click “Uninstall.”

Step 5: Click the “Action” menu item and “Scan for Hardware Changes” to reinstall the driver.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@luis_22,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I reviewed your post and I understand that the battery is not getting charged correctly.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you update the BIOS from the below link and check if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers

If you continue facing the issue, then reinstalled Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery under device manager.

Here is how you do it.

Step 1: Click the Windows “Start” button and right-click “Computer.”

Step 2: Click “Manage,” then “Device Manager.”

Step 3: Click the “Batteries” section. A list of devices will appear.

Step 4: Right-click the “Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery” device and click “Uninstall.”

Step 5: Click the “Action” menu item and “Scan for Hardware Changes” to reinstall the driver.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hey Fossette, thank you so much for getting to me. Everything seems to be working right now. I have done both of your suggestions for good measure. I plugged it in & it started charging right away with no power reset. Hopefully it is fixed for good. Thank you so much for your help!

HP Recommended

@luis_22,

Perfect, I am really glad to hear that!

If any other questions arise, please feel free to write back to me.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hey, I am back unfortunately . The laptop is doing the same thing again where it will not charge. I took the steps you provided from before, but it will not charge anymore. The light comes on and that is all that happens. Windows does not say it is charging either. It also does not become warm, which it used to when it was charging. I have taken the liberty to purchase a new battery, but that did not solve the problem. I expected more life out of this $1300 laptop since I’ve only had it since January of 2018. Please help me out.

HP Recommended

@luis_22,

I recommend you check with an alternate AC adapter (Charger) and check if it helps.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have tried 3 different ones ranging from 18- 95 watts. 

HP Recommended

@luis_22,

I recommend you contact support as it looks like a hardware issue.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.