Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Spectre X360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My HP Spectre X360 laptop is suddenly giving me constant blue screen of death. I don't know of a specific trigger but it usually happens when browsing the web. It also happens when browser is not open. Specifically the errors are the following

• VIDEO TDR FAILURE nvldmkm.sys
  • DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION
  • DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE

Sometimes I can make it for a couple hours with no errors, other times it happens every 5 minutes. The computer will begin crawling and have long freezes before finally giving the error.

Things I have tried:

• I have rolled back updates and paused updates.
  • Firmware BIOS update with HP utility
  • I have reset windows using the control panel "erase this pc" option
  • I have also uninstalled video drivers
  • Installed video new nvidia drivers for MX150
  • Installed old jan 2020 driver versions from nvidia for the MX150

dpc.png

power.png

tdr.png

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

On Tue 3/23/2021 11:09:52 AM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\032321-9781-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: nvlddmkm.sys (0xFFFFF80689B67440)
Bugcheck code: 0x116 (0xFFFFB50AC1FD8010, 0xFFFFF80689B67440, 0xFFFFFFFFC000009A, 0x4)
Error: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\nvlddmkm.sys
product: NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 461.40
company: NVIDIA Corporation
description: NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 461.40
Bug check description: This indicates that an attempt to reset the display driver and recover from a timeout failed.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: nvlddmkm.sys (NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 461.40 , NVIDIA Corporation).
Google query: nvlddmkm.sys NVIDIA Corporation VIDEO_TDR_ERROR

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.