Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 13t Laptop

Hello.  I have a Spectre x360 13t laptop that is less than 2 years old.  It was working great until one day it decided not to turn on.  The screen is completely black. I  am using the correct charger that came with the unit.  I have tried all the hard reboot suggestions online and nothing.  It seems this is a VERY COMMON issue with the Spectre laptops, and is probably a motherboard issue.  I really want my computer fixed ASAP.  I feel like HP should fix my problem since it appears to be a known default-y computer model.  I would appreciate a response. 

PS - I already took it to two different HP service center locations that were listed on your website, and both of them said they did not service HP computers.  

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

I  just reported the same issue with my HP Spectre X360 (Model 15-CH011NR).  My 1 year warranty expired 7/6/19 and the laptop stopped working on 8/12/19.  After using the self-support instructions to attempt to resolve the issue on my own, I took the laptop to an authorized HP Dealer to diagnose the problem.  5 days and $136 later they informed me that the new battery did not resolve the issue and suspect the motherboard needs to be replaced.   

The rep informed me that there were no systemic issues reported with the motherboard on any HP Spectre X360 models like mine despite seeing several posts on their HP Forum.  So 45 days past warranty, the rep originally quoted $659 + tax.  As soon as I complained about that ridiculous price and the 45 days since my warranty expired, he said he would lower the price by 30% to $462 + tax.  Still not satisfied, he then spoke to his supervisor who authorized a 40% discount, bringing the new total to $396 + tax.  I had no choice but to send it to HP for repair and have them charge my credit card in advance.  

While the rep was very patient, seemed knowledgeable, willing to help, I'm still unsatisfied with the outcome.  I paid nearly $1400 for this laptop and now I have to spend another $400  to replace the motherboard only 45 days past the warranty period.  Prior to this experience, I was a huge HP fan.  Not so much anymore.  Especially after reading other posts on this forum.  

Finally, I will emphasize that I am extremely careful with my technology products and rarely used this laptop outside of my office, where it remained stationary for a good majority of the year.  Would love to hear from anyone with expertise on motherboard issues to understand what could have happened to mine.  

Totally discontented.  

HP Recommended

Hello?  Why wont someone from HP respond to this message?  I thought the point was your post your problem and someone from HP tells you how to solve it.  I really need my laptop fixed!  There is a known issue with the motherboard on this laptop and HP should be responsible for fixing it.  Thank you. 

HP Recommended

Hello.  Thank you for your response.  Did you get your laptop fixed yet?  How long did it take?  Thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.