Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Spectre x360 14t ea0009na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

As in the title, when running on battery my laptop will not power on again when it is shutdown with a USB device connected to the left USB port, even after that USB device has been disconnected.

To get the laptop to start again, I had to briefly connect the power supply, press the "power on" button, and then the device would start.

This happens even though the battery charge is well above 0% (e.g. >50%)

Note that in the BIOS I have disabled charging of USB devices when the laptop is switched off or hibernated (S4/S5 states)

The USB device that was connected is an Audio Interface made by Behringer that I have used with other laptops (including an older Spectre x360 13-4108na) without any issues.

Seems likely to be a BIOS bug?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi@hottwaj,'

You have come to the right place to ask questions, find solutions and get help from HP and the community! I read your post on the HP Support Forums. I wanted to reach out to you and help! I understand that your battery keeps draining on your HP SSpectre X360 14t Ea0009na. 

I did some research and found documentation for you based on the battery depleting. First, before I provide you with steps to help resolve the battery issue, I would like to welcome you to Support Forums and thank you for joining in! 

To resolve the issue you are experiencing with your battery:

Please remove the notebook battery, plug the AC power cable back into the notebook, then turn it on.

Does it power the Notebook?

Please make sure that the AC adapter cable is not plugged into a power strip, surge protector, or secondary power source. It should be directly into a wall outlet. 

Here are some documents to use for Troubleshooting Steps: 

Battery Does Not Power Notebook or Hold a Charge. If your notebook computer battery does not power the notebook or will not hold a charge, troubleshoot the battery to see if it needs to be replaced.

Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows .To know the condition of your battery, use the steps in this article to test your battery and calibrate it if necessary.

Improving Battery Performance (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista)

Here is a link to the HP Support Assistant if you need it. Just download and run the application and it will help with the software and drivers on your system that need updating.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.