Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Spectre x360 convertible
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My Spectre x360 15t that is 1 year 96 days old got shut down, but when I try to charge it, the charging indicator does not light up, and even if I leave it on charge for long, it does not get charged/turned on. 

I tried the basic fixes I could find online. It seems like it is some motherboard issue which apparently will cost $700 to fix. On reading more about it, it seems like many many people have had this issue exactly when their laptops were just out of warranty. On some support questions, discussions go on for 6 pages where more and more users describe the same issue, and many people have marked related questions as 'I have this question too'. I am not sure why we are asked to pay this much for part replacement when there clearly is some issue that is independent of the nature of usage? I would like to add that my use has been very light, only office use and Netflix. I have two questions at this point that I kindly request answers for - 

Could somebody please explain to me what the mistake is of the user here that they are having to pay $700 for this when the laptop is just over a year old?

What is the guarantee that, even if I replace this now, the same issue will not pop up a year later? 

My brother has had the same laptop for almost a year now and it seems like this is a time bomb waiting to explode. 

Thank you very much,

VRK

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @VRK1

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.