Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

@GunterO I understand your concern and I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number.

Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact.

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

This is really a pain. They keyboard backlight turns off way too quickly! Come on, a simple bios update should be able to correct this. Do you understand how much business you are losing because of something so simple? Be real. I would probably return mine as well if I could. That’s how bad this is

HP Recommended

I don't think they care.

I was supposed to be contacted with local HP support here in Belgium. Never heard them ...
Granted, general HP support asked me several times if I was contacted already, and I replied every time with "Nope", but after a while, I gave up hope ...

HP Recommended

Riddle, I'm sure you know how big of an issue this is. If not resolved neither I nor my company or any of our clients will purchase an HP Device ever again. This is a simple Bios or Software Update Fix to keep the Keyboard Light on IF the main power is plugged in.   Please post or contact me and the other 1000's frustrated HP Customers with a fix ASAP.   - Ranger2019

HP Recommended

Can you please also send me the same information as I would like to have the keyboard back light on for longer that 30 seconds 

Thanks 

HP Recommended

Is there any information on this topic? I would really like a solution

HP Recommended

Same here, Dell XPS used to have the Background Keyboard Light and time-out settings from 2013 on and this feature is kind of crucial to me in order to not change the environmental light circumstances.

I'm very sure this could be
a) fixed with a bit more code in the bios (likely option) or

b) addressed using a microcode/fw update on the corresponding HID controller.

A small programm/driver interface which would allow the user to choose from several on-intervals (like 5 s, 10 s, 60 s, 5 minutes to permantly on) would already do the trick. Since the spectre has advanced environmental sensors like the IR camera it would come handy to also allow auto-adjust brightness using that existing data.

Any idea of how to adjust this would be highly appreciated!

Regards,

Bjoern

HP Recommended

HP Reps ... can you please respond to these questions?

There are a lot of people that invested thousands of dollars in these notebooks.

If you ever want people to buy an HP again you need to address this.

At least respond please .....

HP Recommended

This is not good. The incredible short timeout, and not being able to change it, feels like something HP would do to boost their battery score, rather than it being left out by mistake. We should have the option to choose the timeout for ourselves, like any other decent laptop. Always on backlight and different timeout values (30 sec - 30 min) are both missing.

Please fix this with a BIOS update that addresses this. Also, if I use an external mouse, the backlight doesn't register it's movements at all which makes the backlight timeout even under constant mouse usage.  This makes it even more of a hassle than it is with the trackpad, which at least lights up the keyboard again.

HP Recommended

Just had the device for 1 day now. Already this is driving me crazy. And this is not all that is bad with the backlight keys. Way too bright in the dark. Why only 2 settings for brightness? And why do i see the lights so bright of the top row, did you really not take into the considiration theviewing angle on the keyboard when in normal use???? I am missing my Macbook pro already... Oh and the mouse without the precision driver is aweful as well...Missed cliks, jaggy navigation... Jeez, why do you create this junk. 

This is really terrible design. 

Returning my 2000+ EU device right away. Maybe Lenovo X1 or Dell, since I dislike Apple too much. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.