Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended

Quick update on this topic - I had returned my Spectre the day after I got it because of this issue and bought a Dell Inspiron 7386 and have not gone back! It has a backlight that can be set to always be on, and also has two m.2 drive slots for dual drive compatibility.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Did you solve the issue with the keyboard light timeout ?

It's so annoying!

HP Recommended

No it has not been resolved. AND HP is absolutely no help. There are literally hundreds of this same complaint, if not thousands and yet not even a reply from HP. If it wasn't past the return time, I would return it and go back to my Microsoft Laptop

HP Recommended

Has there been any further action in ragerds to this? If HP refuses to fix this issue, myself and countless others will undoubtI am outside of the return period, I would absolutely return it. If anyone asks my opinion of this laptop I at this point immediately show them the issue and tell them to look elsewhere. This truly is a BIG Deal. Why does HP totally disregard all of us?? 

HP Recommended

Hi @DCorby8108

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Again the same (automated?) response, and probably nothing will happen.

Can some real person from HP reply to this please? I went over this thread again, and all the responses of HP are the same...

HP Recommended

I solved it by trying the laptop for 1 full day and sending it back to sender. I detested the machine too quickly on too many levels to keep it. Terrible engineering in my opinion.

HP Recommended

I'll give you my home phone number and my cat if you can get a fix for this posted.  Most frustrating easily fixable BUG I have ever encountered.  PLEASE post a fix to keep the keyboard light ON ALL THE Time if the user wants.   Chris

HP Recommended

Did you get anything back from your "appropriate team at HP"?

anything?  

HP Recommended

LOL they even ask you to send your shipping address.

I've just updated to the last bios (F33) and still no keyboard option... We have to start considering they don't care about this feature in a premium but entry level pc, elitebook has this feature by default....

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.