Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Any updates on this?  It is incredibly frustrating to try and work with a dark keyboard.  I work with a graphics pad and use the keyboard frequently.  But it goes dark so quickly that the backlight is useless.  😞  One of my strong requirements before purchasing, was a backlight.  I'm upset that for real world working conditions, I didn't get it.

HP Recommended

@Kyndrid, they don't care. From what I've seen on these forums, HP couldn't care less what we want. This is such an easy fix, and still... they refuse. I gave up.

HP Recommended

Wow. I'm still on the lookout for new gear. As mentioned I returned the Spectre after 1 day. But the Pavillion seems to have the option 🙂 Wow... Just.. Wow... https://support.hp.com/sg-en/document/c01612362 See the section 'The backlight stays on for just a couple of seconds'. Wow.. Just... Wow...

So. I had a 4k lenovo thinkpad x1, 4 hours battery life and screen flicker at lower brightness.. Back to the shop. I had this spectre x360 2000 EU device with badly constructed backlight, among other things. Back to the shop. I don't wan't the Dell with the MagLev keyboard.. Any options left? Because of AMD and CES.. Now i'm waiting for AMD powered devices with the 4000 series. Jeez. I thought consuming stuff was easy, but you have to lower your standards to enjoy the current gear on the market. I'm disappointed in capitalism.

HP Recommended

IMG-20200130-WA0003.jpg

 This is my elitebook G3 at work: thousands of useless settings. It even has a menu specifically made to set bios updates... while spectre is for students right? 

HP Recommended

Guys can someone confirm or decline if the newest 2020 ice-lake model still has this issue? 

HP Recommended

Hey,

This backlight issue is also a dealbreaker for me. Just to confirm, does the Yoga C940 have the option to turn off the backlight timeout in the BIOS? (I saw a video review in which the C940 backlight timed out by default)

HP Recommended

did they fix this yet? this is unbelievably frustrating

HP Recommended

No, and they probably never will....

HP Recommended

I lost all respect for HP. Will never buy another HP Notebook or device again.

if they can't solve or simply won't solve this simply issue it shows they really don't care about their customers.

HP Recommended

I agree with you. Never again will I buy an HP Computer. They have proven that obviously they don’t care about us.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.