09-08-2019 08:11 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community.
Try these steps to configure the backlight timeout settings -
1) Restart the notebook, and then immediately press the F10 repeatedly until the BIOS opens.
2) When the BIOS opens, use the arrow keys to navigate to the Advanced tab.
3) Navigate to Built-in Device Options, and then press Enter.
4) In the Built-in Device Options, select Backlit keyboard timeout.
5) Press the spacebar to open the keyboard backlight settings, and then select the timeout setting you want.
Note - Your BIOS version and screens might vary.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee