Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Spectre x360 Convertible (13 inch)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

It's been 2 months since I've purchased the Spectre x360 Convertible 13-inch laptop. Currently, I've been experiencing the black screen problem that happens almost every time I use the laptop.  For instance, when I start up the computer you can see the keyboard and screen sort of turn on. However, nothing else happens and I have no choice but to do a hard reset. The screen also goes off when I'm watching videos or simply browsing the internet and have Spotify playing in the background. Not only that but when I watch videos the screen tends to freeze for about a second but resumes normally.  I've checked my internet speed and all other devices run normally.  Even when I took it today to the Geek Squad the laptop screen turned black when the worker was going over it. Bestbuy told me that it may take a couple of weeks for them to send it and receive it from HP but only if its a defective laptop (which I am certain it is since I haven't installed many programs nor have I damaged it in any manner). 

I really like the laptop but it's just frustrating whenever the screen goes black (it has happened to me multiple times during lectures). Believe me, I've tried everything online that relates to this issue and nothing works.  I always update it and shut it down properly. I still have a 10-month warranty from HP. I would really appreciate it if I got this fixed much faster since I really need/ use this laptop in college for practically everything I do

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Alberto_F
I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.