Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 Convertible (13-aw0023dx)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I purchased this laptop on February 2020 and this error has occurred about 2 month ago. I am so frustrated.

I was watching videos and then screen turned black and said "Boot Device Not Found, please install an operating system on your hard disk
Hard Disk - (3F0)."

There was a solution for this error on the website, but it didn't work. The hard drive test passed, but I couldn't find 'legarcy support'.

Please help me with this.
I am attaching photos as references.

20200708_160836.jpg

20200708_140821.jpg

20200708_160416.jpg

20200708_160448.jpg

20200708_160551.jpg

20200708_160627.jpg

20200708_160645.jpg

20200708_141005.jpg

20200708_141012.jpg

  

20200708_141016.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Kim3400 Please follow the below steps to identify and resolve this concern:

Step 1: Perform a hard reset

HP Notebook PCs - Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset

Step 2: Restore BIOS default settings

Step 3: Test the hard drive using HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI (In your case, Skip to Step 4)

Step 4: Re-seat the hard drive (here's a generic video that shows how to re-seat the drive: Click here) > 3F0 error represent a hardware malfunction, a reseat should help, if it doesn't or you aren't comfortable, please Contact HP as the next step will not help.

Step 5: Perform an HP System Recovery

If none of the above actions resolved the error condition, back up your personal data and then perform an HP System Recovery on the notebook. See one of the following documents for instructions:

Click here for instructions.

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us, 

have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for the response. 

I did 1step to 3step that you said but I couldn't do step 5. I restarted and pressed f11 key repeatedly then 'F11...system recovery' appeared at the bottom left on the screen but 'boot device not found' screen pops up again.

20200710_225624.jpg

Is there any other way perform an jp system recovery? What should I do? 

Please let me know.

Thank you.

HP Recommended

@Kim3400 did you make use of the HP Recovery partition (F11) or did you use the HP recovery media? 
If you don't have an HP Recovery media and have attempted reset using the windows troubleshooter or a retail copy of windows, you'll need to order a recovery media: Click here for steps.

Or you may also attempt to download the same using the steps on this link: click here

For details on how to perform a successful reset: click here

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.