GallifreyGill
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Spectre x360 doesn't seem to fully shut down

HP Spectre x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I didn't really think I had any issues with my PC at all until a little over a week ago when it decided to not be able to charge or turn on. Since I have had this computer for less than a year, I called HP customer support to get my computer fixed under warranty. They replaced the motherboard, the battery, the charger, and a few other minor things. Seeing what they replaced, this has me wondering why my computer "broke" in under a year of use. Now I'm afraid it will happen again. Today I noticed that when I turn off my computer using the "Shut Down" feature the things I have plugged into the computer are still being powered. Notibly, these things are my headset and my mouse. I also noticed that when I was in the process of turning my computer back on a few hours later to use again, the show I was watching before I shut down the computer started immediately playing again. Is it normal for my computer to remember that I was watching a show before completely shutting down my computer hours ago? And is it normal for the tab to be open and the show to be playing upon logging in?

TL;DR: Just got my computer fixed after it broke in under a year. Worried about it breaking again right after my warranty ends. Could it be an issue with my computer powering things even while it's turned off?

1 REPLY 1
Retired rick-s
Retired
2,526 2,501 105 380
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Spectre x360 doesn't seem to fully shut down

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information such as serial numbers and case details.

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I work on behalf of HP.
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation