Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Spectre x360 Convertible 15-bl1xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When finished using the notebook, I close the lid so it goes into sleep mode. I then plug in the charger. When I open the lid, the notebook is very warm, the backlit keys are on and the screen is black and the fan is on. It requires a hard boot to get the machine working again. This happens about 50% of the time. I use the stock HP Recommended Power Plan. Changes here have not helped. Machine is set to sleep when the lid is shut for battery & AC powered. I tried disabling Fast-Start and no improvement. I recovered the machine back to original settings and updated all windows settings and still have the problem.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@prtippi Welcome to HP Community!

Please click the following link to troubleshoot the sleep mode issue.

Also, try to disable the Intel Smart Connect Technology in the BIOS option and check.

Keep us posted,
If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

I went through the "HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)" section and completed those tasks. Nothing found.

I updated everything in the Device Manager and a few things updated. I used Windows Auto Update and everything was updated already. I visit the HP site and Windows Update site regularly.  I did not see an Advanced Tab in the BIOS and did not see anything like  Intel Smart Connect Technology. (My motherboard is American Megatrend and the BIOS is F40)

I hardly ever leave the lid open when taking a break., but this time I did. I had the AC Charger plugged in while using the PC and set and took a break for a few hours. I left the lid open and just left for a while.  When I returned the PC was very warm and the screen was black and frozen. The keyboard backlighting was on. It took a hard-boot to get running again.

HP Recommended

@prtippi

Thank you for the update.

The issue seems to be hardware part failure, I would suggest you reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your Product. 

Keep us posted,
If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.