Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
15 da1041 TU
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Dear All, 

I purchased a 15 da1041TU model and installed a 128 GB SSD as the primary boot and this was working fine till recently. One fine day the laptop crashed, when I re started I was forced to choose the ssd as the boot option rather than an automatic boot this continued for few days and now the laptop crashed again and the SSD has completely disappeared from the boot option and I tried various ways to fix it (Restore, Imaging, Cm prompt (fixboot - access denied. Tried fixinf that, that failed as well).i have literally exhausted all the ways.. Woukd this be an issue with SSD hardware or do it need to something different (I don't have the original Windows back up  with me as I'm travelling) any suggestions 😌 please.. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

it could be the SSD went bad.

If you have access to another Windows PC and a 32 GB USB flash drive, you can make a bootable recovery drive for your notebook using the HP cloud recovery tool.

Here is an info link for how to use that utility...

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06162205

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi:

it could be the SSD went bad.

If you have access to another Windows PC and a 32 GB USB flash drive, you can make a bootable recovery drive for your notebook using the HP cloud recovery tool.

Here is an info link for how to use that utility...

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06162205

HP Recommended

Thank you, will try and let you know. 

HP Recommended

Is there anyway we can recover data from the SSD? 

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I doubt it, but if you install W10 on the original hard drive, you may be able to read the data from the SSD if it shows up in Windows.

HP Recommended

Thank you,the suggestion worked. Unfortunately ( ssd from Hp) couldnt be saved and its not even a complete year since the SSD was bought 😞 

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

Sorry that you weren't able to read any files from the SSD.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.