Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
OMEN 15-ce0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought this laptop for my son who likes to play games and it has been zapping him very badly and turning off instantly!

Not an experience I would expect from a HP product and I need it fixed as it seems to be a health hazard.

Mike

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@OMENBG Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that the laptop will shutdown while playing the games.

Do not worry. I will try to fix the issue.

Please capture the error code or message on the blue or black screen if it appeared before the computer turned off automatically, I would request you to follow the below steps to capture and reply back with the error message/code to identify the issue and find a permanent fix: 

• In Windows, search for and open View advanced system settings. 

• In the Advanced tab, under Startup and Recovery, click Settings. 

• Under System Failure, remove the checkmark next to automatically restart, and then click OK. 

• Restart the computer to apply the change. 

• The computer no longer restarts automatically when a blue screen error occurs. 

For more details: click here 

 However, if the computer shuts down and the lights on both the power button and the charger port turns off, 

you may need to try with an alternate power adapter and reseat the battery before you try using it again 

And if the issue persists, please Contact HP as this could be a hardware failure. 

Please reply back with the error code as the issue is code specific and it would be rather easier to provide an accurate solution using the same. 

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Sorry, maybe i was not clear.

It is a gaming laptop and my son likes games. The complete, and instant, shutdown when touching it gives nothing on the screen (no blue screen, no error messages, nothing).

I googled this and it seems the HP laptops have a problem with not grounding static electricity on the cover... Since I have an electronics background and the unit has passed its warrantee I connected the internal chassis (with a wire) to the top cover and the problems seems to have gone away.

Mike

HP Recommended

@OMENBG

Thank you for the update.

Please update the BIOS and check for the issue.

If the issue still persists, please perform the system reset.

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.