Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 14-an010nr (Energy Star)

So, I wanted to factory reset my notebook and went to settings, then to recovery, and finally get started. I chose the option to completely erase everything as if I were to sell the computer. However, I just wanted it to go back to default settings. Once that happened I waited for it reboot. Then it started to turn off and turn back on with the HP logo over and over for 2 hrs. I decided to tune it off since it became quite hot. I turned it back and it continues. Currently it, is off. Is there a situation to this? Additionally, I have no eduction or knowledge about parts or systems.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@KuroRaven

Welcome to HP Forums. This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

I have gone through your Post and would like to help

I suggest you run a System Test to confirm the Hardware Functionality

- Shut down the Notebook completely
- Turn it back on, then tap the Esc key repeatedly until the Startup menu screen is displayed.
- Press F2 to select System Diagnostics.
- Click System Tests

If the issue persists you will need the Recovery Media

If you do not have the Recovery Media please follow the instructions I sent in the private message

Please check your private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile.

Next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope

Thank you and have a great day 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.