Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Notebook 15
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Stuck on Choose An Option Blue screen /have tried all options listed on page. HP Notebook 15. Help, it's been 2 days 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

The only suggestion I can offer would be to make your own W8.1 installation media, boot from it and see if you can reinstall W8.1

You can make the ISO file from the link below.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows8ISO

As long as you downloaded the right version of W8.1 for the PC, it should not ask you to enter a product key.

You  indicated the PC is running W8.1, so it could be W8.1 or W8.1 Single Language.

I would try the regular W8.1 ISO file first, and if you are asked to enter a product key during the installation, go back and download the W8.1 Single Language ISO file.

I have zipped up and attached the Microsoft tool you will need to transfer the file to a DVD or USB flash drive so that it is bootable.

After W8.1 installs, you can install the drivers and available software from the PC's support page.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.