1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Stuck on HP Logo: Attempted to update HP ENVY to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1

HP Recommended
HP Envy M6 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-bit)

Hello. 

my laptop got very slow recently and Internet Explore was acting up and super slow so I decided to remove some HP/Media software I don't use. 

After that I found out that Windows 10 was again available for free part of their 10th year Anniversary or something like that.

It downloaded, verified the downloaded and asked to restart to install. It was installing fine up until 32% and then came the HP Logo which I didn't think much of but after more than an hour it was still on the HP and no change. I left it like that over night and still no change. 

I believe the laptop original OS is 8/8.1 and I can't recall if it was a 32 or a 64 bit.  

Please help. 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12,746 12,733 830 1,489
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@aabdul443

Allow me to welcome you to the HP Support Forums! I came across your post about your HP Envy M6 Notebook PC. I understand that you tried to upgrade the OS to Win10 and the upgrade failed. Presently the laptop is stuck on the HP logo screen. I did some research and found that Win10 free upgrade is over and the one which is available is only for customers who use assistive technologies (Source: http://hp.care/2fTEuJE). 

Looks like an issue with the laptop not booting. Not to worry as I have a few recommendations. Please try the below steps:

• Remove any DVD if present in the DVD drive. 
  • Disconnect any USB devices connected to the laptop.
  • Power off the laptop.
  • Remove the battery out.
  • Disconnected AC adapter from the laptop.
  • Press and hold the power button for 15 seconds.
  • Reconnect the battery and plug the AC adapter.
  • Power ON the laptop.

If the issue persists then please continue with the steps from this link: http://hp.care/2bTJIFU. These solutions and more are explained in detail in this document. I am always here to support. Do let me know what happens. Good luck! 

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation