Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
hp envy x360 15-u493cl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

A while back I went to change the boot mode and now my computer is stuck on operating system boot mode change and I cannot enter the passcode and nor does escape work. What do I do please help? 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Redfire 

Your PC almost certainly came with UEFI mode enabled -- so I have no idea WHY you would try to force that into another mode, say Legacy or CSM.  Doing that would only guarantee that the PC would no longer boot!

If pressing Esc key does not work, then try pressing the F10 rapidly and repeatedly to get into UEFI settings.

If that does not work, you would have to take the PC into a local laptop repair facility to see if they can do anything for you.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

@Redfire wrote:

A while back I went to change the boot mode and now my computer is stuck on operating system boot mode change and I cannot enter the passcode and nor does escape work. What do I do please help? 

After cloning my HDD to a brand new 1tb Crucial SSD using Macrium Reflect, I installed it but then was given a 0xc00000e error on startup. I then went in to the BIOS settings and enabled the boot from network option and also Legacy Boot (by mistake). I now get to this screen on startup and am not sure what to do next. I have tried reinserting the original HDD but still get this screen. What can I do next to recover my system?

HP Recommended

It work for my problem, thanks pro

HP Recommended

Only if you feel comfortable with it, open the computer in order to unplug the hard drive of your laptop. It will boot to the UEFI BIOS. Then you'll be able to set UEFI back to factory default and boot again.

By the way, you'll have to plug the hard drive back.

You can use that kind of video to help you achieving the task : HP Envy x360 15’ - disassemble 

Remember : Never use strength to open laptop (you may have forget a screw), use a rubber below the laptop to prevent stripes on the screen cover and the slippery of the machine, only use plastic tools (metal tools can damage cases), and remember to put screws back to their original position.

More generally: For booting on USB such as GNU/Linux live distribution or some repair kit you only have to deactivate Secure Boot temporarily.

System and network administrator since 2004. Sometimes I help you, sometimes you help me. If my answer helped you, feel free to thumb up 🙂
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.