Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP 250 G4 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

System Fan (90B) error on fanless system!

‎04-18-2018 08:33 PM - edited ‎04-18-2018 08:53 PM

Product: HP 250 G4 Notebook PC

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7(64-Bit)

My laptop goes to an error as soon as I turn it on. The error reads:

Continued operation is not recommended and may cause unpredictable behavior that could result in random shutdown, data loss or possible system damage. The system will shutdown in 15 seconds. To prevent shutdown and continue operation, press the Enter key now.

The system has detected that a cooling fan is not operating properly.

System Fan Error (90B)

ENTER - Continue Startup

For more information, please visit: www.hp.com/go/techcenter/startup

This laptop was designed  like the passively cooled... with no fan.

There is no fan to function properly nor improperly!

I have cleaned and replaced the Heatsink Thermal Compound

no change

I have replaced AC adapter for new one. (old 19.75V  new 19.4V)

no change

I have run the battery test by pressing F12 (PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI Window)

no change

I have updated the BIOS from F.1E to F.1F

no change

I still got the error message.

I accessed the BIOS Setup Utility and loaded and saved the default settings.

no change

I have "dried out the cmos" by removing the power supply connection, the main battery and the onboard RTC battery. I held the power button for a minute.

no change

I have left the RTC battery out to "dry out" the cmos overnight. (old school)

no change

I have done everything and read  every topic about System Fan Error (90B) but I still have error message on boot.

Does anyone know how laptop generate that message and where it stored?

Does temperature sensor that detect error may be nonfunktion?

There is no Temperature alarm setup in BIOS.

Thanks

Dushanchut 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.