• post a message
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

System not starting

HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

Help me out on this please. My Laptop suddenly went off while working and since then each time I press the power button, the wireless light just blinks and that's all, it won't start. What could possibly be wrong with it and what can I do?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 1
12 8 0 0
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

does the capslock light blink every couple seconds too?

my envy blanks out once a month and refuses to boot, the only fix i've found is take out the disk drive and battery for a minute then try booting with just the power adapter connected (it then shows bios) then I turn it off and put disk and battery back in and it works fine then. ( some hardware/bios bug!  )

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 3
58 54 1 3
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello Emmanuell,

Few days back, the same thing was happened with me. My acer laptop was not booting up and the light was continuously blinking. I took my laptop to the repairing center and the technician took out my laptop battery and then reinserted it into my laptop. Amazingly, my laptop starts booting up. He suggests me to replace my battery as this symptom symbolizes that the battery is about to die. I suggest you to remove and reinsert your laptop battery to see if it can boot your system. Hope this will also work for you…

Good Luck!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for your replies, I appreciate it a lot. I've tried removing the battery and putting it back on several occasions but still the problem persists. I have taken out the board and cleansed it but the problem remains. I plugged in the power without the battery, pressed the switch button and still the yellow light of the wireless button blinks once and that's it.                          This is my situation presently and can't seem to know what's wrong it yet not to talk of what to do to bring the board back on. 

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation