cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
Level 1
7 3 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Text comes up when Booting into Operating System

HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 Late 2017
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello to all, I am very worried that I may have boot malware and I would like some help.

Sometimes when I boot to Windows 10 64-bit, I notice that there is some white text that appears on the black screen before Windows 10 starts. The text is very small and is hard to read. I don't currently know what it says and I don't have a picture, but once I was able to read one line of the text that said: Overwriting_cache. This was just some text that I read very quickly and this may not have been exactly what it said, but this is what I remember quickly reading before the operating system booted. It is white text on the black boot up screen. 

I have recently been playing around with Linux and even when I boot Linux from a live USB the same text appears. 

The text is very small and I am not sure why (maybe a hacker didn't want the victim to be able to read the text?). Also, Norton antivirus full system scan came up clean. 

This text could just be normal, but I don't want to take any chances. 

Any help is very much appreciated!

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation