Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Hi SandraR,

I understand you are haivng issues with your HP Pavilion g7-1317cl Notebook freezing and won't let you do anything. Here is a document on a hard reset.

If that does not help you could try a System Restore.

Please let me know.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
hy tanx for the above solutions given, I have kinda same issue with my touch pad it freezes just some few minutes after turned on but b4 then theres this triangle symbol that appears on the screen but seemed to be crossed with a hand pointing on it . Jux hope u do understand w@ I'm tryin to say. I hv indeed tried de above solutions but to no avail pls help . Dnt noe w@ to do.
HP Recommended
hy tanx for the above solutions given, I have kinda same issue with my touch pad it freezes just some few minutes after turned on but b4 then theres this triangle symbol that appears on the screen but seemed to be crossed with a hand pointing on it . Jux hope u do understand w@ I'm tryin to say. I hv indeed tried de above solutions but to no avail pls help . Dnt noe w@ to do. I have Hp mini 1100-310
HP Recommended

HiBeaullard,

Here is a fix that might help. In Device Manager, locate the device you want to update, and then double-click the device name. Click the Driver tab, and then click Update Driver and follow the instructions.

Hope this works.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
I have a Toshiba with Windows 8. I pretty much have the same problem everyone here is having with their touch pad freezing. When I turn on the computer the touch pad works before Iog into my account. Once I log into my account the touchpad completely freezes. I have tried taking out the battery and pressing the power button for 10 seconds. But nothing seems to work. Any ideas/suggestions? I don't mind a complete reset, I don't have anything quite important on it.
HP Recommended
Hi, I Have A Hp 2000 And . I had downloaded some episodes a movie, and I'll I don't know what's wrong with it. I go on the desktop on my home page for 5 seconds and then a couple of minutes later, it freezes. Its been like this for a week now 😔 Is my laptop officially broken or can this get fixed? Help me please!!!!
HP Recommended
It's Hp 2000 notebook PC
HP Recommended
It window 8
HP Recommended

FOUND THE ANSWER! THIS WORKS 🙂

It took me a while to find the back door to success... Viola! Here you go, try this trick.

1) Press the CTRL key and then the ESC key.

2) Use the Up/Down and Side to Side ARROW KEYS to Navigate to the CONTROL PANEL. Press ENTER.

BTW, you need to keep using the Up/Down and Side to Side ARROW keys to Navigate, and use the ENTER button to execute YES/OK and proceed.

3) Go into PROGRAMS AND FEATURES or Add/Remove Programs. UNINSTALL the "Pointer Device" by Right Clicking on it. Press Enter.

For Example. mine is called "Synaptics Pointer Device Driver".

Once you uninstall that, your Cursor Pointer should unfreeze and work again.

There s nothing you have to do after it unlocks. However, if you want, you can have some real fun re-installing the pointer device driver just to be kool.

I actually re-installed all the drivers except the Audio and Video drivers just because I could LOL

C:/SWSetup/Drivers/TouchPad

Click on your TouchPad driver Setup.exe ... Simple as that.

Cheers!

HP Recommended
Thank you so much ! This method worked really great!! Thank you so much! I'm so happy now:) and it still works as of 2015.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.