Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Pavillion 15-cc023cl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The selected boot device failed. Press <Enter> to Continue. I have been looking for fixes for a couple of hours now, I cannot hard reset the laptop, system config (F2) didn’t work, neither did (Win key +V), (Win key +B), F10 and F11 would not even pop up, I have had this laptop for about 2 years now, and it’s been fine till the last few months, where I had the windows automatic repair glitch around 2-3 months ago. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Tarun_V,

Thank you for posting your query on HP Community,

Have you tried to use a different USB keyboard and check if that helps. 

This looks like a possible hardware failure with the notebook. However, I would recommend you try these steps here: 

Perform a Hard reset on the notebook: 

Link: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01684768

After that please power up the computer and check again.

Then please try with a different USB keyboard and check if that helps.

If it continues to happen even with a different USB keyboard, then the notebook needs to be serviced.

I would recommend you contact our HP support team for further assistance. 

HP support team can be reached on this link.

Let me know if you need any further assistance. I'll be more than happy to help you.

That said, If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.