Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 15-bs542tu
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

We changed the battery a few months before. After sime months its battery backup decreased. Then when booting it shows internal primary battery 601 battery need to be replaced. Noe ith only shows this. Not booting.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @U_nn_i,

Welcome to the HP Support Community

I understand you are facing an issue with your HP Notebook - 15-Bs542tu. Not to worry I will help you to get a resolution to resolve the issue.

To assist better:

• From where did you purchase the battery?
  • Did you purchase an original HP Battery?
  • Was there any recent Update on the PC?

While you respond to that, Let's perform a power reset: 

Power reset a laptop with a removable battery

• Turn off the computer, and then unplug the power cord.
  • Disconnect any peripheral devices, and then remove the computer from any port replicator or docking station.
  • Remove the battery from the computer.
  • With the battery and power cord unplugged, press and hold the Power button for approximately 15 seconds.
  • After you drain the capacitors, re-insert the battery, and then plug in the power cord. Leave peripheral devices disconnected.
  • Turn on the computer.

Run Windows Update (Windows 10)

• In Windows, search for and open Check for updates.
  • If there are any available updates, they begin automatically.
  • After the updates install, restart your computer when prompted.

Update the PC with HP Support Assistant

Use HP Support Assistant to find and install updates, including BIOS updates, for your computer with Windows.

• In Windows, search for and open HP Support Assistant, or click the app icon in the taskbar.
  • If the app is not installed on your computer, download the latest version from the HP Support Assistant website.
  • On the My Dashboard tab, find your computer, and then click Updates.
  • Wait while HP Support Assistant analyzes the system.
  • After the analysis completes, select the listed updates, download and install the updates, and then follow any on-screen instructions.
  • If prompted, restart the computer, and then close the tool.

if the issue persists, then please follow the steps mentioned in the below document links:

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

ANAND_ANDY
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.