Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
08-27-2022 09:38 AM
We changed the battery a few months before. After sime months its battery backup decreased. Then when booting it shows internal primary battery 601 battery need to be replaced. Noe ith only shows this. Not booting.
08-30-2022 11:49 AM - edited 08-30-2022 11:49 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community
I understand you are facing an issue with your HP Notebook - 15-Bs542tu. Not to worry I will help you to get a resolution to resolve the issue.
To assist better:
- From where did you purchase the battery?
- Did you purchase an original HP Battery?
- Was there any recent Update on the PC?
While you respond to that, Let's perform a power reset:
Power reset a laptop with a removable battery
- Turn off the computer, and then unplug the power cord.
- Disconnect any peripheral devices, and then remove the computer from any port replicator or docking station.
- Remove the battery from the computer.
- With the battery and power cord unplugged, press and hold the Power button for approximately 15 seconds.
- After you drain the capacitors, re-insert the battery, and then plug in the power cord. Leave peripheral devices disconnected.
- Turn on the computer.
Run Windows Update (Windows 10)
- In Windows, search for and open Check for updates.
- If there are any available updates, they begin automatically.
- After the updates install, restart your computer when prompted.
Update the PC with HP Support Assistant
Use HP Support Assistant to find and install updates, including BIOS updates, for your computer with Windows.
- In Windows, search for and open HP Support Assistant, or click the app icon in the taskbar.
- If the app is not installed on your computer, download the latest version from the HP Support Assistant website.
- On the My Dashboard tab, find your computer, and then click Updates.
- Wait while HP Support Assistant analyzes the system.
- After the analysis completes, select the listed updates, download and install the updates, and then follow any on-screen instructions.
- If prompted, restart the computer, and then close the tool.
if the issue persists, then please follow the steps mentioned in the below document links:
- HP Notebook PCs - 601 or 60X Error Displays on a Black Screen
- HP PCs - The computer does not boot or start
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community