Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Envy Laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I get this error message when booting up my laptop

The system has detected that a cooling fan is not operating correctly.

Continued operation is not recommended ...

System Fan (90B)

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

You can take a look at this doc below and see if it helps.

You might need to replace the fan.

Can you provide the exact model or product number of the notebook. Here is how to find it

model

Let me know,

David

HP Recommended

Hp Envy model 17-bw0003ca

HP Recommended

I am still getting error. You mentioned that I may need to replace the fan. How do I obtain warranty service to have the issue resolved. 

HP Recommended

Hi

Sorry I did not get back to you on that one.

Hope you got it sorted. You can get direct support options by identifying your notebook in the link below

https://support.hp.com/ca-en/contact/laptops

You should also be able to get support through the HP support assistant app on the PC.

If you need guide to replace the fan let me know.

Take care,

David

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.