Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
3dfxman Top Student
Top Student
5 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Troubleshooting with booting SSD disk HP Probook 6560b

HP Probook 6560b
Other
Hi, guys again :) !
I have another hot and pain in the ass issue. In notebook HP probook 6560b originaly primary disk was Western digital Scorpio black 500GB, but I change them to SSD Kingstone 200V 30GB. I set up boot from optical drive and try installing OS (Win7), however win setup couldnt install because of: 1st-missing drivers, 2nd-disk couldnt see, 3rd-lagy/slowly setup and freeze.. I try set up ahci and ide - didnt work. I bought hdd icy box instead of optical drive and put in SSD with preinstalled OS. It boot fine, after switch on notebook and then hard switch off. Switch on again, with pressing f10. But, if I install 500GB hdd to primary SATA slot for disk, HP bios want only boot from it. It doesnt matter what I set in boot priority, every start up wants boot from 500GB hdd. So, I try install xubuntu 16.04 on 500GB hdd and try set up GRUB boot menu. In OS Xubuntu works SSD fine, but If I want boot win7 fron menu, says no such device.. I try upgrade grub, but nothing change. So, does a HP ProBook 6560b accepts SSD drives? Some solution?
2 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
37047 5589 9634
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This is a 30 gig 2.5 inch SATA SSD? No reason in theory it would not work but I do not see how you could expect to run an OS off of a 30 gig drive. 

0 Kudos
3dfxman Top Student
Top Student
5 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It is sufficient, because clean instalation win 7 sp1 proffesional on my notebook size is around 25GB (with hibernation 75% of RAM and swap file - circa up to size installed RAM (I have already installed 16GB RAM)If you checkmark "dont use swap file" and switch off hibernate, Win 7 will have around 11GB and free 17GB :) ). But, I discovered where was problem.. In BIOS, I had checkmarked "Fast boot" :) , where, can only boot from primary hdd sata slot not upgrade bay. After switch off fast boot, system boots from upgrade bay correctly. So, thanks for your time.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation