Top Student
5 3 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

UEFI change boot device to SSD installed instead of the DVD drive

HP Notebook - 15-ay011nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hi , I replaced the DVD drive with a SSD  drive , cloned the window from the HDD to the SSD using easeUS 

till here every thig is good 

now im trying to change the boot order so the laptop will boot from the DVD drive / SSD 

I went into the Bios (UEFI one) and select the DVD drive to be the one to boot from , issue its still booting from the HDD

should i switch to legacy bios or is there and option to change the UEFI to do that ?

thanks, 

2 REPLIES 2
Provost Provost
Provost
78,121 77,529 9,529 20,630
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@AR14 wrote:

hi , I replaced the DVD drive with a SSD  drive , cloned the window from the HDD to the SSD using easeUS 

till here every thig is good ....

Hi,

No,no good. Did someone mention to you: booting from SSD inside the ODD (CD/DVD drive) won't work ? Solution: Put the SSD to the existing HDD bay then put the HDD to the DVD caddy.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
0 Kudos
AR14 Top Student
Top Student
5 3 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i thought it would ,    i did it once on an old laptop , why it wil not work ?   can't SSD boot from the CD bay ?

thanks, 

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation