Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME

HP2000 NOTEBOOK QE282UA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

encountered some problems after recent win 10 update about three weeks ago. have found and tried several solutiions but  none have been completely successful but this is my latest effort. after some research on google turned on and held down shift key until I got message,   your computer has some prblems and we will restart it, beneath that is message search UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME  

but it does not restart only blank screen

Is there a solution to this problem

5 REPLIES 5
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
3304 3302 178 337
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME

Hi@chunkfnl,

Thanks for choosing HP Forums. Library for all sorts of solutions, tips and tweaks to your questions/issues.

To have the best experience on HP forum, visit our HP Forums Guide to know more.

Boot issue with an error. Is that right?

I will definitely help you.

Try following the steps from the below link and check if that helps.

http://hp.care/2cIzoDr

Let me know if that helped.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
chucknfl Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME

I fear my hard drive has died as none of these solutions worked for me and now it will not even run system diagnostics.  Thanks for the info

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
3304 3302 178 337
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME

Hi@chucknfl,

Thanks for the reply.

Try doing the hardware testing to determine if there is any hardware failure.

Use the link below to perform the test.

http://hp.care/2bjZGry

Let me know how it goes.

Resolv_S

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
chucknfl Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME

I am now getting  error  301.  I am told this is my hard drive dying and I have ordered a new hard drive.  I may need assistance in recovery and installation of new hard drive

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
3304 3302 178 337
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME

Hi@chucknfl

Thanks for the reply.

You can reach our phone support for any parts installation assistance using the link below.

http://hp.care/2bjG4nE

To perform recovery of Windows 7 on your PC, follow the steps from the link below.

http://hp.care/2dpi1nv

Let me know how it goes.

Resolv_S

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation