Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 13 Clamshell (2020)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I have the new Hp Envy 13 clamshell (13-ba-0xxx) and whenever I charge via USB-C instead of the barrel plug power supply, the laptop will crash.  I've used USB-C chargers from my Macbooks and chargers from Anker. In every case, the laptop crashes after a few minutes with a black screen and inability to wake up with out a hard reboot (hold power for several seconds).  If I switch back to the barrel plug charger, it's fine, but the laptop is supposed to charge via USB-C, and I was counting on it for my use.  Any idea what's going on here? Should I replace the laptop?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@dman2020 

What is your Hp Envy 13 clamshell (13-ba-0xxx) ?

>>>> I've used USB-C chargers from my Macbooks and chargers from Anker. 

Are you trying to kill your machine by using third party products ? Please ONLY use compatible products from HP (or approved by HP).

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Does that mean that, unlike my phone, my Mac, my headphones, and my other devices, HP doesn't allow for charging via standard USB-C chargers? Every other device I have lets me use any charger I have (some don't even have a charger and recommend I use my own).

If that's the case, ok, but that's decidedly a non-standard approach relative to the entire rest of the industry.

Thanks,

Dan.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.