Mzzz123 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Unable to log onto laptop as keyboard and touchpad not working on Pavilion 15 Laptop

Pavilion 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi.

I have a Pavilion 15 Laptop that I am unable to log in to as the keyboard is not working. I have tried using an external USB keyboard but that isnt working either. I also tried using the onscreen keyboard which comes up fine on the screen but when I try to type in my password it keeps telling me 'Hidden' and will not actually input the password. Please help. I have also tried rebooting but no change. Thanks 

5 REPLIES
Retired
Retired
3798 200 430
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post

Unable to log onto laptop as keyboard and touchpad not working on Pavilion 15 Laptop

Hi @Mzzz123,

Thanks for becoming a member of the HP Support Forums. I understand you are having an issue with the input devices. I will be glad to help you.

Please post the full product number of your computer. See the following, if you need help with that information.
How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?

Did you just do you the upgrade to Windows 10?

If not did the keyboard and mouse work before?

Please get back to me with above information, so I can help you better.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Mzzz123 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post

Hi Thanks for your reply.

I have sorted the keyboard issues but the touch pad is not working at all. I have tried  deleting and reinstalling the driver but when i try to open mouse settings in device manager and control panel it just says that it is unable to contact Synaptics poiting device driver.

My laptop product number is J6Y25EA#ABU.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
3798 200 430
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post

Hi @Mzzz123,

I'm glade to hear the keyboard is working. 

As for the touchpad, I would like you to delete the touchpad and download and install the lastest drivers.

The following links will start the downloads

Synaptics TouchPad Driver

Intel Trusted Execution Engine Interface Driver

After both are installed, restart the computer

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance. In fact, if this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button down below in this message. Thanks

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
0 Kudos
Mzzz123 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post

Hi. I have deleted the touchpad and tried as you suggested above but I am unable to install the Intel Trusted execution Engine Interface driver as I get the message 'This platform is not supported'.

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
3798 200 430
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post

Hi @Mzzz123,

Please use the following http://www.hp.com/contacthp and create a case for your issue and contact HP. If you live outside the US/Canada, please click the link below to get the contact information for your region.
http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation