Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion G6 1095st
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

As I mentioned in subject titile, I want to unlock the all BIOS settings to change power option. 

This Laptop include Insyde H20 (version F66) BIOS. I tried a few solution which I've found on Google but it does not work. It is like press A button while opening BIOS screen, press together A and F10 etc.

How can unlock BIOS Secure ?

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@agenel

Thank you for joining HP Forums. 

I'll be glad to help you 🙂 

As I understand you want to unlock the advanced settings in BIOS,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Is there anything specific you need to change?

Perhaps I could help you with it if you could provide details as to what you intend to do with the unlocked version?

That said, I'm afraid HP has locked a few settings on your computer which are being managed by the system configuration as the device is configured to its optimal performance. 

  

There's no way of resetting or changing these locked settings via HP articles or assistance, 

You could unlock and make changes at your own discretion using 3rd party tools, however, HP doesn't recommend the same nor has information about the tools used. 

I hope you understand.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, 

Feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon 

Followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution' 

And Have a great day ahead!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for attention.

Now my target is open up my laptop without using power switch. I'm going to create a new desk combination (external monitor, mouse and keyboard) and I do not wanna use case of laptop. For that I have to change power settings in BIOS then I could start my computer with keyboard or some external things.

As you are a HP Employee you do not preffer to change advance BIOS. I understand. But I'm not a newbie guy 🙂 do not worry about that.

HP Recommended

@agenel

Thank you for replying with this detailed response 😉 

I appreciate your time and efforts,

I understand your concern and your will to upgrade the PC to use it with the new desk combination,

However, HP doesn't recommend or support the process of making such changes and I'm afraid I cannot provide any details about unlocking the BIOS,

I wish I could do more, however, I'm at the end of the line.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, 

Feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon 

Followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution' 

And Have a great day ahead!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
I could not understand that you know and you could not help me or you do not know how will solve it ?
Is it first I do not give you a thumbs up else you must work harder to being support guy
HP Recommended

Greetings @agenel,

I have escalated your concern to HP’s Support Team in your region to have it reviewed for available options, if any. 

You should be contacted within 4 business days (Excluding holidays & Weekends). 

Response times may vary by region. 

Please send a Private Message, if you aren’t contacted within 4-5 business days.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hey agenel, did you ever find out how to unlock those settings to create a new desk combination ??

HP Recommended

Hi my bios is insydeh20 3.5 version  f.66, pls help me how to get advanced menu and basically I want cpu vt-x

HP Recommended

BIOS Advanced Options.

HP Recommended

I am trying to get access to the Advanced BIOS settings so I can re-enable the WLAN

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.