5 3 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Updating software stuck at 9%

Pavilion L1L66PA
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hello, 

My laptop was working fine until I clicked update and shut down. After that I was not able to use my laptop. It will boot and say it needs to update my software and it just updates until 9% and stops. I tried to start on safe mode but it would not work. I also forced it to shut down and removed the battery and pressed on the power button for like 30 seconds. It still does not work. 

Please help ASAP!!! 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
14,461 14,098 715 1,905
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Updating software stuck at 9%

Hi @maroonmonkey,

Thank you for your inquiry. I will do my best to help with this difficulty. I understand that you were installing an update but the installation stalled at 9%. You forced a shutdown and tried a hard reset, but the computer does not start. Here is a link to HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 😎. Please let me know the results.

Thanks for participating in the HP Forums where we want to help you as well as others who may experience a similar issue as yourself. Please consider marking the post that resolves your issue as "Accept as Solution" to help other community members! To show appreciation for my efforts kindly click the Thumbs Up” below. 

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation