Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
James_Raboin Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Upgrade of BIOS on HP Pavillion dv6000 from F.22 to F.5A turned it into a big paper weight

dv6675us
Microsoft Windows Vista

Was updating the software on my HP Pavillion dv6000 limited use laptop and found that there was a BIOS update available for it.  Since the current BIOS version on the laptop was F.22 and HP had BIOS version F.5A available since October 2014, I decided to download and update. 

The BIOS update utility ran to completion without errors, starting at block 16 traversing backwards to block 1.  Once, complete it justdown the laptop. 

But when I powered up the laptop, all lights illumination, the screen stays dark, no disk activity and no more laptop.

Just a big paper weight now. 

Any one have any Idea on how to revert the BIOS back, or just I just consider that I just lost a good working laptop?

1 REPLY
Provost Provost
Provost
37033 5585 9626
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Upgrade of BIOS on HP Pavillion dv6000 from F.22 to F.5A turned it into a big paper weight

This method comes from the archives. On these older pre-UEFI models you can try the Windows + B key method.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/How-to-flash-BIOS-without-having...

Good luck. I have only seen a very few times this was reported to work, but in your case it cannot hurt. 

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation