Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Envy
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I continue to have a problem(s) with boot-up. I have disabled everything, except my anti-virus, in my startup folder and have run chkdsk on my HD, it is at 100%,  It still takes 7:12.70 to startup. Please help. This is driving me crazy.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

If you have tried everything else it may want to try a 'reset'.

You can choose the option to "keep my files" but all your programs will need to be re-installed and settings will return to Windows default settings.

Perform Windows Reset

If you found my answer helpful please say thanks by clicking on the Thumb's Up icon.
If my answer solved your problem please mark it as the Accepted Solution. Thanks!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

If you have tried everything else it may want to try a 'reset'.

You can choose the option to "keep my files" but all your programs will need to be re-installed and settings will return to Windows default settings.

Perform Windows Reset

If you found my answer helpful please say thanks by clicking on the Thumb's Up icon.
If my answer solved your problem please mark it as the Accepted Solution. Thanks!

HP Recommended

Hi,

What you can do to troubleshoot that the right way and get answers to your problem is;

1. Download and Install windows Performance Toolkit https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/get-started/adk-install . Choose the package corresponding to your Windows version.
  2. Just install the "Windows Performance Toolkit" package.
  3. Record a trace using Windows Performance Recorder using these options: https://justpaste.it/1g4sx
  4. Compress the resulting file (Very important)
  5. Share it through https://www.transfernow.net/en/ or any other file sharing platform.

I'll analyze your trace file and give you a feedback.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others**
******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to say -Thanks!.******
HP Recommended

I performed the "reset" it shaved 2:39.8 off my startup. Maybe one of the many apps or a program is slowing me down. I do know the 16mb ram I have is being accessed continually during the startup.

HP Recommended

[Error] The job must be run by the logged on user, not a "Run as" user.
The job must be run by the logged on user, not a "Run as" user.

Reported by: Startup and shutdown experience

[Warning] Battery power not recommended
Running the assessment on battery (DC) power is not recommended. Switch to AC power and run the assessment again to obtain more accurate results.

Reported by: Boot performance (Fast Startup), Standby performance

Battery Power? No problem I will simply plug it in. But I am not sure about the very first error; how do I do this?

HP Recommended

2:40 is a large improvement in boot time. Are you using an app to measure boot time? 

You can improve boot time and general OS responsiveness significantly by upgrading to a SSD.

HP Recommended

Thanks for marking my answer as the "Accepted Solution".   :generic:

HP Recommended

If your laptop has a slow startup after booting into Windows 10, I have found a solution that works.

Please follow below:

1. Type: regedit as an administrator; find "enableulps" and modify the value from 1 to 0. Restart the computer.

2. Go to Taskmanager; startup feature and disable all programs that are "high". Restart the computer.

3. Go to "Power and sleep settings" - additional power options - choose what power button to choose- change settings that are currently unavailable - unclick "turn on fast startup." Restart the computer.

Before, my time boot start-up was 1:16:79. After doing the above procedure, my time boot start-up is 0:0:02

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.