Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp mini 210
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Hp mini 210 

I start my pc but it wont start the windows all i got is messages on black screen like:

No bootable device, insert boot disc and press key

Also there  were F1,F2,F3,F4, and F11 but they did not helped me all i see after test is messages like there is no hard disc. With F10 i went in the boot menu but there was not the name of my hard drive so i took it to service. 
They have connected my hard drive on other pc and they could see it so it was working and they told me they have made a Antivirus Scan and they have found a Virus in the MBR named Cidox C and they delete it. But the problem was not solved and they went in my Bios to removed it. After this action my hard disc is empty, i lost my licensed windows and the recovery !!! I cant believe that i was using licensed windows and i lost it.

Ivica
4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

COA Sticker.jpg

If the COA sticker on the back of your laptop is readable, you can make out the Retail Win 7 product key in the format :

xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx

Don't share it, Its your retail win 7 license key!

2. It would be vital to see what is there on the internal disk right now. It would help decide whether the Main OS partition is still intact ? If its there, may be boot data is corrupted & has to be repaired! 

Can you share the snapshot(s) of your Internal Disk's partitions view ?

(i) Make a bootable pen drive with  this custom recovery ISO : Kyhi's Recovery ISO ( Mini Troubleshooting OS! ) 

(ii) Insert the pen drive in the PC.

(iii) As soon as you press the power button on the laptop, keep on pressing F9  ( One Time Boot Menu )

(iv) Select the pen drive to boot from.

(v) Let it stabilize fully after boot. ( Some windows will open & then close themselves, Wait for everything to come at halt.)

(vi) Do not connect to internet or any network.

(vii) Launch MiniTool Partition Wizard's "Disk / Partitions' Management Window" & elaborate the partition's view to have a wider / nice look.

(viii) There is a tool FSCapture to take screenshots. Take snapshots, save it to a second pen drive & share.

3. Your system is Legacy BIOS + MBR,  You can use Rufus  to make a "BIOS+MBR"  bootable pen drive with that ISO

OR If you can operate CD/DVD drive, You can Burn the ISO to a DVD & boot from it ( You can use ImgBurn Portable  to avoid any problems! )

Let us know. ...

HP Recommended

@vineetindia 

The PC is an HP OEM device; thus, any printed product key would be HP OEM, not Retail -- and since you have to provide a Retail key to download an ISO from Microsoft, that will not work.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Sir,

The laptops, pre-installed with VISTA & Win 7, always had two licenses : HP OEM as activated & the other M$ Retail i.e. on the COA sticker. Unfortunately, the retail keys often got erased before they were noticed!

Thanks. ...

HP Recommended

Really -- two product keys??

That's something I did not know as I never had an HP PC prior to Win7.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.