Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 2 (385 Views)

WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR

[ Edited ]
Product Name: HP 15
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought this laptop in october 2016 and have been able to use it maybe 3 hours total. I am getting the whea uncorrectable error with a blue screen. It can happen 10 minutes after startup or immidiately and can also run in a continuous reboot cycle with this error occuring.  I have spent almost 15 hours with tech support over the phone and through remote acces with somewhere around 15-20 different techs. I was told it needed to be sent off to be repaired in which i incurred the shipping charge. They re-imaged the hard drive and returned it to me. the same problem happened almost immidiately. After more hours on the phone and countless troubleshooting attempts with HP techs I was informed once again that i needed to send it in for repair. Again i incurred the shipping charges. I got it back yesterday afternoon and after 10 minutes run time. Guess what? Same error same blue screen. This time they replaced the hard drive. I called tech and was rudley told it wasnt their fault and it was soley a software issue. My software warranty has been expired for about 2 weeks.(funny how they didnt check the software while still under warranty) The tech insisted i buy and extended warranty to which i refused as it should be repaired by them at no cost to me since Ive been unable to use it since new. This thing is a lemon. Today i again called tech support and after 2-3 more hours troubleshooting with 2 different techs Im no closer to it being fixed than i was before. I have found numerous cases of this happening to other folks and the sole fix was a motherboard replacement. I will once again try to get HP to fix my laptop but i find they wont just let you send it back for warranty work until hours upon hours of troubleshooting is performed although the prblem is the same it has always been for months.

One thing i ponder is why Im sending this thing in and its still coming back in the same state of disrepair. Do these guys not check their work? Is it just a generic procedure of slapping parts in and sending it out the door? Anyhow i find this highly frustrating and am wondering if i didnt end up with all this time lost and a 400.00 paper weight. I ahve always bought HP products. In fact im writing to you from my HP ddesktop that has worked flawlessly since day one 3 years ago. If they do not fix this issue I will never buy another hP product and will try my damndest to make sure I dont let a friend or family member make the same mistake.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2 (377 Views)

Re: WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR

@chefk85

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation