cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
chronnub
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

WIndows 10 update caused computer to slowly stop functioniong

HP Recommended
HP 15-da0053wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello.

I was watching Netflix while Windows 10 was updating. Once finished, I rebooted the laptop and mouse pad stopped working. Odd. Managed to get onto the desktop after entering password and then keyboard stopped working. Pressed and held down the power button to force shutdown computer. Rebooted computer and it came up with 'repair Windows 10'. I did that but it still didn't work and kept sending me back to square one. Eventually, after getting it to work, it would stop around 50% and go back to the main 'what do you want to do - aka recovery options'. I turned the computer off and then back on only to find that the new screen says 'No boot options'. I did a harddrive check (passed). Checked bios for boot sequence (harddrive is first). 

So, somehow, the Windows 10 update corrupted just that, Windows 10(or maybe its a hardware issue). Unfortunately, the laptop had Windows 10 preinstalled. I have another computer and made a recovery drive via USB. I loaded the new Windows 10 in and after 10 mins it stopped working and told me I needed to do a recovery...so I did it. It appeared to be working and I was going through the basic steps of setting up the computer but now I have a message stating 'Your pc ran into a problem and needs to restart - if you call a support person, give them this info: Stop code: WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR'. 

I bought this laptop months ago and it still has warranty. What should I do? 

Thanks in advance. 

1 REPLY 1
The_Fossette
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
29,155 21,003 1,967 2,677
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@chronnub,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I see that you have already performed all the relevant steps and it looks like the operating system is corrupt.

I recommend you contact support and order recovery media for your computer to reinstall the operating system.

Here is how you can get in touch with tech support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation