Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Notebook 15

A year ago, I had a video of my laptop and uploaded it to YouTube. Everything was normal until we watched the video. When I saw the video, I heard something beeping. At first I guessed that my laptop was making this beep. After a while, I suggested that this beep did not remove my laptop. I asked the forum sites where this beep sound came from. The respondents wrote conspiracy theories about this beep. One of the conspiracy theories was that the sound of the camera or the computer I had edited was caused by the fact that the capacitors on the motherboard were old or broken However, the video I took was 4-5 years old (if I took the video with a 15-20 year old camera, it would be clear that the beep was not removed by my laptop). It's been nine months, and it turns out my laptop was beeping. The reason for this beep sound was the low charge. If the serial battery is low, it will beep like the link. (The beep starts in 00:08. I'm sorry for unnecessary noises) 
Link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/16sfZ0kXaGpESniweeGqAAhUNL00ByoF4/view?usp=drivesdk

HP 15 series owners should not underestimate this warning.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@TheMozart,

Thank you for posting your query on HP Community,

An LED or beep code usually means a basic function was unable to start. Memory and heat-related failures are the most common problems.

Try these steps - 

Hard Reset -

1) Shutdown the computer. 
2) Unplug all the Adapter and peripherals connected. 
3) Press and hold down the power button for 15 to 20 seconds. 
4) Plug-in the Adapter. 
5) Try to turn on the computer. 

BIOS Restore -

1) Shutdown the computer. 
2) Hold down the Windows and B button together while the computer is still turned off. 
3) Turn on the computer and continue to hold the Windows and B button until a BIOS Recovery screen appears. 
4) Follow on-screen instructions and click on OK

If the issue still persists, try restoring the BIOS using a recovery flash drive. Refer to this video link for instructions - How to Restore the BIOS with a Recovery Flash Drive on HP Notebooks

You may also refer to this support document for - HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code

Let me know how it goes!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

It's just a warning. It doesn't have any problems. When boot this laptop in low battery, it is like scene of a horror movie.

HP Recommended

@TheMozart,

In this scenario, I would personally suggest you run an extensive system test from F2(Please remember to capture the failure ID for further assistance).

If the test passes, I would suggest here is to update the Bios on your PC either from our HP support website, using this link or download it using HP Support Assistant.

To download and install HP support assistant on your PC. It should automatically download and install the latest updates and drivers for your PC.

Refer this link to know how to use HP support assistant.

Let me know the outcome!

That said, If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

No problem with my laptop. I just opened this issue to alert those who have the HP Notebook 15 series. Because when the boot is low, if it is booted, it beeps and this sound bounces me off. In fact, I recorded the sound of a beep sound from my laptop. The adrenaline burst occurs while the boot is in progress. This series is clearly beeping.IMG_20180614_154722.jpg

HP Recommended

@TheMozart,

Thanks for the update,

Just in case if you come across any issues with the notebook. I would personally suggest you contact our HP support team for further assistance. 

HP Support team can be reached on this link.

I'm sure they should be able to go ahead and address your issue. 

Let me know if you need any further assistance. I'll be more than happy to help you.

That said, Take care and have a great day!

Thank you 🙂

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

My elder brother is upgraded my laptop with SSD. After SSD upgrade, it less beeping in low battery on boot. (Of course, it continues beeping.)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.