Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
11-25-2022 10:44 AM
I purchased an HP laptop in March 2022. Now it will not turn on. I checked the warranty and it says it expired in 2020.
This means I cannot get phone support. This is very frustrating. Can someone from HP please contact me to solve this issue so i have can have my laptop fixed.
11-28-2022 06:19 AM - edited 11-28-2022 06:19 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community
I understand need help with your warranty getting updated on your HP Product. Not to worry I will help you to get a resolution to resolve the issue.
Please refer to this document: HP PCs, printers - Dispute a warranty status
Also to fix the no-power issue, follow the below steps:
Lets' try the below steps:
Crisis BIOS Recovery
- Turn off the computer, and then connect the power cord.
- Press and hold the Windows key and the B key at the same time, and then press and hold the Power button for 2 to 3 seconds.
- Release the Power button but continue pressing the Windows and B keys. You might hear a series of beeps.
- If the HP BIOS Update screen does not display, repeat the previous steps but press the Windows key and the V key. If the screen still does not display, your computer might not support the feature or there is a hard drive issue. Continue to the next section to Recover the BIOS using a USB recovery drive.
- If the Power light turns off, the Power button was held too long. Repeat the previous steps, making sure to hold the Power button for only 2 to 3 seconds.
- If a BIOS recovery message repeatedly displays, continue to the next section to Recover the BIOS using a USB recovery drive.
- If a message that the computer improperly shut down or a boot problem is detected displays, follow the on-screen instructions to resolve the error.
- If Windows starts, update to the latest BIOS version. Go to HP Notebook PCs - Updating the BIOS for more information.
The HP BIOS Update screen displays and the recovery begins automatically.
If the issue persists, then please follow the steps mentioned on this document: HP PCs - Computer does not boot or start
I hope that answers your concern adequately. Let me know!
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community