Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Stream 11 6QX58UA
Microsoft Windows 10 in S Mode

The HP Stream 11 that my wife bought in the US last March of 2019 has suddenly gone into a 'Boot Device not found' error.

We live in the Philippines and had taken the device to the HP Service Center here in Manila. Upon checking, they recommended that we have the machine shipped back to its country of origin to have the motherboard replaced. We are surprised as the laptop was not even used yet. It was turned on for like, 5 times but not used. It was never dropped nor no liquid was spilled on it.

Is it possible, to request HP for a return box so we could have it shipped? 

Again, we are located in the Philippines, the laptop was bought in the US.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@LLuna23 

The warranty coverage has nothing whatsoever to do with the amount of usage of the laptop; it is based entirely on duration -- and yours has run out.

HP would charge you for any work done on it, and that is even IF they are willing to fix it, and they will not pay shipping for you, in either direction.

We are not able, or permitted, to provide any repair estimates or equipment prices.

For this information, you would need to contact an HP Repair or Service Center.

Since you live outside the U.S., here is a link to HP Service Centers, by Country/Region: https://support.hp.com/in-en/service-center

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Actually, it is still under warranty. I know that the warranty has nothing to do with the usage - I just mentioned it as it was technically not used at all.

You said - We are not able, or permitted, to provide any repair estimates or equipment prices - I'm not asking for that info.

You said - For this information, you would need to contact an HP Repair or Service Center - well if you actually read my post.

Going to the HP Service Center is pointless as they have suggested having it shipped back to the US for motherboard replacement. 

I guess the laptop is a good paperweight then considering your response. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.