11-22-2019 09:52 AM
Has happened many times. I have all the updates loaded from Microsoft and HP for this laptop. Will watching videos from Facebook and Youtube my laptop freezes with a blank screen with a loud squeal. I have to hold the power button to force a shutdown to stop the loud noise and shutdown.
11-25-2019 01:16 PM
@BThomas1957 Welcome to HP Community!
I would require more information regarding this:
- Did you try the Windows 10 store YouTube App and check?
- Did you try different browsers and check again?
As a workaround for now, please install the Windows 10 store’s YouTube app and check if that fixes the issue.
If it doesn’t fix the issue, please try these steps:
- Right-Click on start button> click device manager> expand display adapters>then select the display drivers that are listed and right-click on it and uninstall the drivers.
- Check the box that states delete the software for this device.
- Then restart the computer and update the bios chipset, audio and graphics drivers from this link after selecting the correct Operating system.
Other steps to try:
- Then check in different Browsers if YouTube videos play correctly.
- You could reset the existing browser to factory settings and try again.
- You could download other browsers like Google Chrome or Firefox and check again.
Keep us posted,
If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you,
Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post,
Have a great day!