Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
hp-2000 2b29wm notebook pc
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I spilled water on my other hp-2000 2b29wm notebook pc, and it shut down, so I eventually bought a second model, same model.  Now, I wish I could repair the other one so I have a spare computer.  Any advice as to how I can do this?

I did try to turn the computer back on a few times, but it did nothing.  Later I found that you are not supposed to do that.  I let it just sit for a few months and tried it again and it still does nothing.  Any way I can fix it that is not too complicated?  I am not a geek.

thanks for any advice that might be good,

Janie100

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
Janie,

Yes it will be complicated and costly.

Motherboard connections might have got short-circuited. This is the reason you were not able to bring it back to life.

Replacing board involves getting the part, labour charges, other associated issues like re-tattoo BIOS chip with hardware hashes using HP propriety tool.

I'll not spend money on this one more.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended
Janie,

Yes it will be complicated and costly.

Motherboard connections might have got short-circuited. This is the reason you were not able to bring it back to life.

Replacing board involves getting the part, labour charges, other associated issues like re-tattoo BIOS chip with hardware hashes using HP propriety tool.

I'll not spend money on this one more.

HP Recommended

Thanks so much for your answer.  This solves it -- I won't spend the money on repair.  I guess I could sell on Ebay for "Parts & Repair Only."  

Thanks much,

Janie100

HP Recommended

You're welcome.

All the best!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.