Level 2
12 11 0 3
Message 1 of 21
Flag Post
HP Recommended

What happened to HP?

HP OMEN
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I started my a laptop up a week ago and I get the 3F0 error, boot disk not found...really?  Thus began my journey through hell with HP product.  My warranty ended December 31st 2017, bought it in 2016 for a fairly large sum of money.  I figured one should get what they pay for.  Not true.  After trying EVERY suggestion on HP forums, youtube, you name it, nothing has worked.  I've played with the F10 bios legacy settings, performed the extended Hard Drive verification (nothing found), Re-seated the Hard drive, etc. all to no avail.  How is it that a working individual can spend nearly $1800 on a laptop that only works for 18 months?  What a racket HP has going.  How is it that nearly 6 month after the warranty expires the nice new high-tech laptop turned into a useless, worthless piece of garbage?  What happened to business ethics?  My only choice now was to go to their HP recovery store and spend another $40 on their windows recovery media kit (does not include shipping). However, when I did, I got the error message that the order could not be processed because of an "error" on the payment form.  After retyping in everything three times it turned out that even though the option was available to have one's shipping address different that one's billing address, the website disallowed it, but wouldn't actually disclose the issue...a "please refill the form and try again"-type error.  Nonsense.  I see a pattern here.  HP's quality from it's products down to even it's website has turned into a somewhat functioning, purely market driven mess that ignores it's customers and does just enough to get past the warranty date.  What a rip-off

20 REPLIES 20
Level 17
Level 17
41,277 41,064 6,475 11,259
Message 2 of 21
Flag Post
HP Recommended

What happened to HP?

When you say you have run the extended Hard Drive verification and nothing was found do you mean it found no errors or it found no hard drive? Don't spend $40 for a restore disk. Your problem seems to be hardware. For less than $100 US you can install a new hard drive if that turns out to be the problem. I am sorry your hard drive only lasted 18 months. HP did not make the hard drive but did warrant it for the length of time they promised and what you bought was a laptop and a promise of a one year warranty. Your investment is only lost if you choose it to be. We can help you to replace your hard drive and restore Windows to the machine. 

BChizzle
Level 2
12 11 0 3
Message 3 of 21
Flag Post
HP Recommended

What happened to HP?

Thanks for response Huffer,

It found no errors, extended hard drive test passed.  Memory test too....this deepens the mystery as to what could be wrong.

BChizzle

0 Kudos
BChizzle
Level 2
12 11 0 3
Message 4 of 21
Flag Post
HP Recommended

What happened to HP?

I tried the recovery disk and now it says "Recovery not supported under current configuration, please enable acceleration option for the Intel Smart Response Technology and try again"  What does that even mean?

0 Kudos
Level 17
Level 17
41,277 41,064 6,475 11,259
Message 5 of 21
Flag Post
HP Recommended

What happened to HP?

There are several different Omen computers. Please provide the full product or model number. Also please walk us through how you are trying to use the recovery disk. Are you booting from it and this error message comes up? Frankly I have never seen that error and I do not believe Smart Response applies to your computer. So did you pay $40 for the recovery disk?

0 Kudos
BChizzle
Level 2
12 11 0 3
Message 6 of 21
Flag Post
HP Recommended

What happened to HP?

Model number is PC-17-W047NR (energy star).  I used the instructions that came with the recovery disk that I purchased. Yes I am booting from the recovery disk.  Just don't know what to do now, should I replace the hard drive even though it seems to check out with checkdisk?  My product has a SSD as well, maybe there is something wrong with that?  I have no idea.  

0 Kudos
Level 17
Level 17
44,688 38,145 3,342 14,040
Message 7 of 21
Flag Post
HP Recommended

What happened to HP?

One other free option to try before resorting to replacing the hdd- IF you have another pc to use or borrow. Your Windows 10 license key is embedded in BIOS and you can reinstall Windows without Recovery Media. Microsoft provides the free Media Creation Tool to download files and create a Windows 10 usb flash drive. An advantage is you will have latest updated version of Windows 10. At least 8gb flash drive required:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Select Download tool now, and select Run.
If you agree to the license terms, select Accept.
On the What do you want to do? page, select Create installation media for another PC, and then select Next.
Select the language, edition, and architecture (64-bit or 32-bit) for Windows 10.
The Guide here shows the steps.Pay attention to Step 5 since you will be using another pc:
https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2376-create-bootable-usb-flash-drive-install-windows-10-a.html

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the Thumbs-Up button as a way to say Thanks!***

0 Kudos
BChizzle
Level 2
12 11 0 3
Message 8 of 21
Flag Post
HP Recommended

What happened to HP?

Thanks CherylG, that didn't work either 😞

0 Kudos
Level 17
Level 17
44,688 38,145 3,342 14,040
Message 9 of 21
Flag Post
HP Recommended

What happened to HP?

@BChizzle

"Didn't work either" doesn't give us much to work with. When you booted from it what happenned? Did it see your drive? Did you get an error message and at what point?

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the Thumbs-Up button as a way to say Thanks!***

0 Kudos
BChizzle
Level 2
12 11 0 3
Message 10 of 21
Flag Post
HP Recommended

What happened to HP?

Hi CherylG,

I literally went down every possible menu and branch available after boot up, none of them worked.  Here is the sequence of the one I thought most relevant.  I also went down the Intall path to every option there as well.  Any ideas?

After Boot-up -> Repair -> Troubleshoot -> Repair  

AfterBoot_1000K.jpgStartupOptions.jpgStartupRepair.jpg

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation