balloonsman Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

When I power-on my laptop the capslock and scroll lock lights blink constantly and I can't log-in

HP Pavillion dv4
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Anytime I power-on the laptop within 6 seconds the caps lock and the scroll lock lights start blinking and I don't even have a log-on screen ( whole screen is dark) with laptop still running - but I can't get access to sign on - not responding. It just started doing that 48hrs ago.

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
17739 17691 1435 2455
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

When I power-on my laptop the capslock and scroll lock lights blink constantly and I can't log-in

@balloonsman

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,
Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out :)

As I understand the computer is not booting into the windows anymore,

I’ll be glad to help you out, however, to provide an accurate solution,
I'll need a few more details:

What is the product number of this computer? (Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).

Have you performed any steps on your own before posting on the HP Forums?

Please click on the below links since you've identified the blink code and resolve the issue:

Troubleshooting LED Blink Codes or Beep Codes During Startup or Boot

Computer Does Not Start and Emits a LED or Beep Code

If you wish to help others looking for the same solution as you've found, mark the post as Accepted Solution.
If you wish to show appreciation for my effort, please click the Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

And I Hope you have a good day, Ahead.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation