Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 15-ba054sa (ENERGY STAR)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

when i try to power on my laptop, it says there has been an error ( critical process died ) in which it takes me to automatic repair. Ive tried every command in cmd prompt and every option there is but nothing seems to help. However there was this one time when i used system restore when it actually worked, But then when i tried to log on as usual it took me back. so i tried it again with my only restore point but it says i must enable system protection on this drive. I tried enabling vss and using rstrui but it takes me to an error code 0x 80070003. Im really frustrated about this. Please help!

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Sorry, i meant error code 0x8007002

HP Recommended

Hi @Liam40 

Welcome to the HP Support Community. Thanks for bringing this to our notice.

I see that you are facing issues with your system. Do not worry, we are here to fix it.

May I know from when are you facing this issue?

Did you make any hardware or software-related changes to it?

I would suggest you please perform an Operating System Reinstallation and let me know the outcome. Here is a link that will help: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04641788 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Yes" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping. 

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

No i haven't made any software or hardware-related changes although i had a pending windows 10 update which i dont know if it installed. I cant use the link since i don't have a usb drive. I faced this issue randomly without going onto the device

HP Recommended

In that case, I would suggest you please arrange a 32GB USB drive and please perform the steps to resolve the issue.

Let me know the outcome of it.

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, go to the public post & give us a virtual high-five by clicking the "Thumbs Up" icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on my public post. 

Have a great day ahead! 

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

sadly, i cant get my hands onto one. Got any other suggestion before i try factory reset? Also if i can resolve the issue where it says enable system protection on this drive in system restore point, i feel like it would work since it worked before

HP Recommended

I am really sorry but this looks like an Operating System related concern and doing a proper reinstallation will fix the issue. 

I would suggest you please use the link I shared and let me know the outcome of it.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Yes" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping. 

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.