Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, my laptop suddenly got switched off automatically and doesn't turn on but the airplane button red light appears as I press the power button and it gets off and doesn't on. What can I do to turn it on???

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Farha02 

The Airplane Mode LED has nothing whatsoever to do with airplanes; instead, it indicates the on/of status of the WiFi built into the laptop.  When it is RED, that means the WiFi is disabled; when it is WHITE, that means the WiFi is enabled.

IF you want to use WiFi, it must be WHITE.  If you are using wired ethernet, it doesn't matter what color it is because the wired connection will take priority over the WiFi.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Hi!
I have encountered a similar situation like yours. I have 3 suggestion for You and for those Who suffer from this problem:

• Update every driver and Windows (most importantly the Wifi card driver!)
  • Search for a driver that runs your function keys (fn), because a lot of laptops have a different driver for them
  • Lastly, this occurs mostly when You put a new Wifi card hardware into your laptop. You have to hack it with this method: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzAKcmlaH1M

I have just taped the 20th pin down with a cutted cellux and it worked!

Good luck!

A detailed video tutorial explaining how to fix Intel 5100 5300 Mini-PCIE WIFI radio on issue when upgrading an old laptop with a new WIFI card, also suitable for Intel WiFi Link 5000 vPro series and 4965 Series on laptop brands such as Toshiba, IBM, HP and Dell. You will need: 1. A laptop with a
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.