cancel
Rgarvey Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

When switching on my Envy 15 laptop this morning it refuses to boot and the caps lock light flashes

HP Envy 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)
When I turned my laptop on this morning it refuses to bring up any kind of loading screen and the caps lock light flashes twice. Is it done or is there anything I can do to fix it ?
3 REPLIES 3
Regents Professor
Regents Professor
4,243 4,159 562 1,256
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

When switching on my Envy 15 laptop this morning it refuses to boot and the caps lock light flashes

Hi,

Can you match the sequence of 'blinks' to those shown in the table below.

Capture.PNG

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee

Rgarvey Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It's the 2 blinks so it shows a BIOS corruption failure how bad is this as it's our of warranty
0 Kudos
Regents Professor
Regents Professor
4,243 4,159 562 1,256
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Follow these steps to recover an earlier version of the BIOS on your notebook:
  1. Turn off the computer.
  2. Plug the notebook into a power source using the power adapter.
  3. With the computer off, press and hold the Windows logo key and the B key at the same time.
  4. Still pressing those keys, press and hold down the Power button on the computer for 2 to 3 seconds, and then release the Power button but continue to hold the Windows and B keys until the BIOS update screen is displayed or until you hear a beeping sound (usually 8 beeps).
    The power LED light remains on, and the screen remains blank for about 40 seconds before anything appears on the display. You might also hear beeping sounds. Eventually, an HP BIOS Update screen displays and the BIOS update begins automatically.

This document will help you : http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02693833

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation